Moment Of Life !!

Thursday 29 December 2016

Man builds metal helicopter in Malawi


45-year-old man builds an ho
memade helicopter in Malawi, which has never taken off from the ground but it has attracted a lot of crowd.


Felix Kambwiri standing beside his self-made helicopter
The man, who was identified as Felix Kambwiri, has spent the last four months constructing his dream machine out of scrap metal and fibre-glass in his garage in the village of Gobede, 90km north of the capital Lilongwe.

Clambering inside the one-seater cockpit, he swings the door closed, turns the key, pumps the pedals, and the 125-cc secondhand engine roars into life as orange lights flash impressively. Speaking on his achievement:



Kambwiri said: “I would like just to fly for even five minutes to show that I am serious about this and that it is not a joke. This helicopter can fly. Every day I receive many curious visitors who have heard about me. Police regularly come here to monitor progress and make sure I don’t fly without permission. I can understand their concern is about my safety, and that of people who might come in their hundreds on the day I fly the helicopter. I will not take risks. I will wait until I am ready. I cannot allow anyone to take the risk for fear of an accident.”

Kambwiri built the helicopter to his own design after failing to find any books to help fulfil his life’s passion.

But he has been warned that he should not undertake any test flights until the civil aviation authorities have completed safety checks.

Nice innovation!

Share:

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Recent Comments

Site Counter

Flag Counter

Support