Moment Of Life !!

Monday 30 January 2017

Canada ready to help people affected by trump's ban


Ahmed Hussen who is the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship in Canada has announced that the country will provide temporary residency to those stranded due to the ban in the US. President Donald Trump signed an executive order placing a temporary ban on seven Muslim-dominated countries but Canada has opted to provide a temporary haven for those stranded in Canada. READ ALSO: You have provoked God – Olumba Olumba tells Trump The minister who was born in Somalia which is one of the countries placed on ban said each country has the right to enact its own policies and defended Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s tweet that immigrants are welcomed in Canada. He said: “I think it was very important for the Prime Minister to issue that tweet to communicate our strong tradition, our long history, of providing sanctuary and protection to those who are fleeing war and persecution regardless of their faith.” “Yes, I was born in Somalia, but I took my oath of citizenshship to this country 15 years ago. And I’m a Canadian. I’ve spent most of my life here and I continue to be proud of our country our ability to be generous and to view those who seek protection.” “I can tell you what our principles are. Our principles are of openness, open to ideas, open to people, open to those who want to come here and make a better life for themselves, contribute to our economy [with] their high skills, and to also to continue to have compassion for those who seek sanctuary in our country, and I think we’ve been a better country as a result.”
Share:

0 comments:

Recent Comments

Site Counter

Flag Counter

Support